2.11.08

English Style Tea Time Treats With A Continental Touch






































On saturday I have been hosting an afternoon tea in the occasion of the foundation of a small women circle we named Pettileweek (too long to explain, it's just a funny word play) in the name of our friendship.
We have been knowing each other for a long time and on saturday we often use to meet at my place for an informal tea or an italian merenda. For this week meeting I was inspired from a lovely - mainly gourmande - italian blog named L'Aiuola Odorosa. She really knows how to prepare an amazing afternoon tea, with british inspired home made food, which I don't, really, but it was just nice to get to know something about this meal and set up our tea in a more formal way.
For the occasion I went shopping in the most exciting store in town to buy some proper english tea time treats and a good brand of Earl Grey. I added a more continental touch with some chocolate fine biscuits.
We had fun, the atmosphere was cool and relaxed and all the girls were impressed.
Then we went out for a walk to feel less guilty about all the pure butter shortbread we had! :p


Hope your week-end was as sweet as mine,
Have a nice sunday evening ladies,
E.

3 commenti:

a.o. ha detto...

direi che questo afternoon tea ha avuto e dato ciò che deve avere e dare: raffinatezza, dolcezza e relax.
grazie mille per la citazione, l'aiuola odorosa ne è onorata.
a.o.

Rumour has it ha detto...

I love lemon-curd!! I ate it for the first time some 20 years ago in England! It seems not too difficult to prepare it by yourself :)
Have a good day, Marjolijn

Mia ha detto...

Oh, I just love lemon curd and all things english! your afternoon tea with good friends sounds just lovely.

Thank you for your sweet comments in my blog. Do know that they are thoroughly appreciated!